Friday, February 27, 2004

catching up

So during this break, I've done minimal studying. I still have much to cover, but I think I can catch up. Everything comes to a head on Thursday, when I get my Iron Ring, baby! Can't wait.

So I finally headed down to Golden Bowl's new competitor, Winnsie (or however it's spelled). This new Asian joint is pretty good. It's just like Da Bowl, except they have a sushi bar, to boot. The prices are comparable and the place is bigger. I ordered the peanut butter dumplings and the garlic butter pork chops. Oh my god. Delicious! I've never had pork that way. I would most definitely recommend going there to anybody. The prices are good, too. Under $10, with no tax (technically, the tax is included, but whatever...).

So there's this band called Alexisonfire. I saw a couple of their videos. I hate them! This is what they're all about: some guys cranks out distorted chords on their guitars, while the 'singer' SCREECHES at the top of his lungs...for 3 minutes. This is music? At the risk of sounding like an old fart, if that's what music is coming to, I'll keep my Bing Crosby LPs, thank you very much. If ever you come across Alexisonfire, run, don't walk, away. You'll thank me later.

No comments: