Sunday, March 28, 2004

Two movies

Putting aside my better judgment, I saw not no e, but two movies this weekend. I saw Jersey Girl and Dawn of the Dead.

I didn't know what to expect from Jersey Girl, a PG-13 Kevin Smith movie. It's no secret that I'm a Kevin Smith fanboy, but would his core audience like the movie? I, for one, did very much enjoy it. IT could have fallen into sappy sentimentality, but for the most part steered clear of cheesiness. It was very funny, to boot.

Dawn of the Dead was amazing. Sure, you never learn what the zombies intentions are (do you ever in these type of movies?). Also, you don't know what turned them into zombies. And some choices by the characters are quesitonable but I must admit that this is one of the best zombie movies you'll ever see. It's very well made. If you ever wanted to see almost unbearable violence and gore against zombies (and some not), then you gotta see this flick. It's so intense, from beginning to end. Finally, they made a quality zombie movie.

Anyway, my l reviews of both movies should appear on itoopia.com later this week.

No comments: