Monday, May 03, 2004

work; live-action SW show

So today was my first day of work. I've never worked in an office before. I met up with the lady I'll be working with. She's nice. I also met out mutual boss. He seems like an affable chap...but we'll see...
However, even though the order was placed weeks ago, someone screwed up and I didn't have a computer! So I pretty much did nothing and got extremely bored all day. I never realized how long a day is when you're not sleeping through the entire morning.

So months ago, I heard rumblings about a Star Wars tv show. The fact that they made the Clone Wars cartoons might have been an indication that the eventual show would be animated (hence, testing the market with 3 minute shorts). But today comes this news, from theforce.net, the leading SW news site:

-----
More SW TV Series Confirmation
Mon, May 03, 04 01:00:20 AM EDT


Sean writes in with this cool report to confirm work on a SW TV Show is most definitely happening:
I asked him about Star Wars' future and he got really excited and told me in thinly veiled comments that it is going to TV (live-action) . He couldn't go into details because he was under a legal contract.
So I asked this gentlemen if the show was pre-EP4, he said maybe with a smile, then I asked about Vader, and he had the same response, same with Chewbacca, same with Tarkin. Anyways he said Lucasfilm was really excited about this, and he did mention that there were to be no Episodes 7-9.

We've got more coming this week, but let's just say a TV Show is a definite thing, according to documents being distributed to licensees and marketing people now.
----

What to make of this? I always thought a live action show would be amazing, but only if it had new characters, weaving in and out of the original trilogy storyline. The SW universe is huge and could sustain some great stories (to wit: KotOR). Let's see what comes of this. It had better be good.

No comments: