Friday, December 10, 2004

I also dislike tv

Wow, Chris beat me to it on his blog! I was all set to write a post on how tv sucks. What brought me to this conclusion? I'll tell you.


Exhibit A) I was watching Malcolm in the Middle. For years, I've been saying it's been in decline...getting unfunny and this past week was the last straw. Not only did they have to introduce a baby on the show to try to get ratings, but now they've seem to have added a girl who lives next door, as some sort of character foil to Malcolm and Reese. She's not funny and it reeks of desperation. Also, Francis, the funniest character on the show, isn't on so far this season. Malcolm, you're cut!

Exhibit B) Will & Grace. Global was constantly showing the ad for their Christmas episode and it looked so goddam awful. Yet the ad played over and over. I HATE that show. Not cuz of its gayness. I could care less. It's just not funny. I find nothing funny about the bits I've seen of that show. And the ads are always horrible. Why people go crazy for it is beyond me.

Just like in Ghostbusters, I think society is too sick to continue and I will erect a building designed to attract an ancient Sumerian god, Gozer the Gozerian, in an attempt to finish it all off.

Sitcoms? All I watch now is Scrubs, Simpsons (for old times' sake) and the incredible Arrested Development. That is all.


Awww, television...how can I say these things about you?
*hugs tv

No comments: