Wednesday, March 16, 2005

DVDs; Sith trailer; baseball on Xbox

So yesterday was a DVD bonanza. To my surprise, my Red Dwarf Series 5 and 6 DVDs arrived (thank you, amazon.ca, for your quick delivery!). Then, Star Trek: First Contact Special Edition DVD came out (at the low low price of $14). So, of course, I got that, as well (If you want to see my complete DVD collection, there's a link further down this page, in the links section).

I love Red Dwarf. It's too brilliant. Have you ever watched a show (or seen a movie or read a book, for that matter) where you enjoy it so much, you wish you had created it? Anyway, if you like Brit humour and scifi, Red Dwarf is the jokes, guy.


Last Thursday, the Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith trailer debuted during The O.C. I do not watch that show, so I torrented the trailer afterwards...complete with an intro from one of the show's characters...so despite Seth's intro, I must have watched that trailer a dozen times, analyzing each scene. I even paused it at one part, where there's an overhead view of Obi-Wan surrounded by dozens of droids...one of them General Grievous (if you don't know who that is...either find out or leave this blog! ...I kid, of course). Sick! I'm messing my pants in anticipation.


I bought the new Sega baseball game, MLB 2k5 last week, and liked the game fine. Its presentation is the most insanely amazing of any sports game I've played. However, there was a downside. The stats tracking is screwed up. Baseball, more than any other sport, lends itself to statistics and stats mad people tend to gravitate towards it. So you can understand how upset I was when the game starts attributing saves and wins and losses to the wrong players, some not even on my MLB roster! Frank Thomas hits a game-winning home-run for me...and gets the loss?!?! Who the...? Or I win a game and a player on my AAA team gets the save? What? I was so ticked off, I traded in the game for EA's MVP Baseball 2005. So far, so good. I love how MVP has the real A, AA, and AAA teams for each team. Nice touch.


Yay, payday!

No comments: