Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Car Wars

Yes. I got a car. It's a silver 2001 Acura 1.7 EL and it drives well, thank you very much. It has power everything and is basically fully loaded. Hooray for cars!! Yay!

So I'm driving to work today and plop!!! Some holier-than-thou (!) bird poops all over the driver's door and windshield. I'll get you bird. I'll get you...


Star Wars was excellent. I very much enjoyed it. Besides painful scenes between Anakin and Padme, the rest of the movie was great. Intense action sequences coupled with tons of Star Wars hints and references for the attentive fan made it a great reward for suffering through Jar-Jar Binks, those 6 years ago. I won't go too much into it (because if I get going, this post will be pages and pages long) but I'll simply say the way things played out was very good, especially the perfect ending.

Some people complain that Anakin's turn to the dark side wasn't very convincing. I think there is truth in that but frankly, after all these years of waiting to see how it happened, nothing could live up to the expectation. The tragedy of Anakin turning wasn't felt so much through Anakin's actual actions but rather through Obi-Wan's reactions and genuine hurt that it caused him.

It was an excellent movie that gives shape to the other prequels and leads into Episode 4 in a very fitting way.

Oh yeah, Obi-Wan is the man.

No comments: