Thursday, June 02, 2005

The wheels on the car go falling off...falling off...faaaaalling off

Last Friday, I went to buy new tires at Canadian Tire. I got some sorta pricey ones that seem like a good bet that'll last me forever. Anyway, it came with free installation, so I left the car there.

I returned later that night to pick up the car. The guy said it's ready to go, so as I'm leaving the parking lot onto Grande-Allee, the front left wheel comes off in the middle of the street. The entire wheel! Just rolled into the street! Luckily there were no cars coming or else there would have been an accident. However, the sudden loss of a tire meant that that corner of my car fell. Onto the pavement. Damaging the panel directly above the absent wheel.

I ran back to Canadian Tire in a fury and yelled at them goodly. They sent the bozo who changed my tires to go fix the car. We arrived at the scene, he put the wheel back on and tightened the other wheels. I then went back to Canadian Tire and they said they'd pay for all damages, etc etc.

Long story short(ish), next week, I have to bring the car to the dealership for 2 days, whereupon they will fix the car and rent me a replacement car, all paid for by Canadian Tire.

I hate Canadian Tire.



In happier news, I bought a General Grievous Pez dispenser! Pictures coming soon!

No comments: