Wednesday, September 28, 2005

M$

I absolutely hate it when these idiot nerd flamers online write "M$" as shorthand for Microsoft. They write it derogatorily, as if they're getting back at Microsoft somehow. Word to the wise, you idiots: Microsoft is a company. A company's goal is to generate profit. They fault Microsoft with making money, essentially.

Yes, I know MS is quite evil in some respects. They buy out competition and often enforce untenable monopolies but that is the nature of the capitalist beast. I sometimes may not like it either, but to constantly deride them for making money (something they do very well, despite millions of copies of pirated software) is ridiculous. Internet culture is such that any moron with an opinion (myself included) can post whatever he likes with an undeserved sense of accomplishment.

Often, these haters are computer elitists; the type of people who say "oh I don't use Microsoft products, I'm a Linux man", thinking they're better than you and are impressing somebody. They're wrong. They're the cyberspace equivalent of those useless, unclean protesters you see at WTO and IMF summits. Get a job already, you hippies.

I'm sorry but I just had to vent a bit there.

No comments: