Sunday, November 20, 2005

Ergo est Week 1

So I've worked at my new job for 1 week now. I sorta don't know what I'm doing.

They put me in the BREW C++ group, even though I'm not too experienced in C++ and I've never used this BREW implementation before. I receive a game then I have to see if it runs on the emulator for a given phone. If there are problems, I have to into the existing code and fix stuff until such time that the phone's emulator runs the game fine. After that, I have to recompile the code in a different way so that it will run on the physical phone itself. Long story short, I haven't even begun fiddling with code yet but all these different tools and systems they use is a lot to remember and learn. I'm sure a few weeks from now, this will be all second nature to me but for now, I'm baffled.

No comments: