Thursday, September 21, 2006

What is it with old people?

Why do old people continue to bother me? This time, it's the way they look at people.

I was on the bus, watching the Daily Show on my media player, when I noticed out of the corner of my eye, the old woman in front of me looking me up and down with this twisted, disgusted face...as if she didn't approve. So I just glanced up at her and she quickly looked away. But when it seemed I wasn't looking again, she would contort her face with disgust at me.

So I decided to pay more attention. On the metro, I looked out for young folks and old people. Very often, the old people would check out young people and look disapprovingly at them or, and this is true, sometimes shake their heads. And I'm not talking about tattoed, eyebrow-ringed goth freaks. I'm talking normal looking youths. Hey old people, if you don't like it, there's a room in a nursing home with your name scrawled on it.

***

Just to cheer me up and hopefully you, my faithful readers (if any), I'm putting up a video that always makes me crack a smile. Enjoy.

No comments: