Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Showcase Sundown

The day has come. Bob Barker has decided to retire.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/31/tv.bobbarker.retires.ap/

I can't believe it. Especially this creepy, yet bizarrely hilarious part: "I refuse to do nude scenes. These Hollywood producers want to capitalize on my obvious sexuality, but I don't want to be just another beautiful body."

In any case, The Price is Right is an institution, one I would watch every single day for many consecutive summers.

The thrill of the Check Game.


The excitement of Switcheroo.


And the pants-wetting reveals of Plinko.


The parent company that owns the show is said to be looking for a replacement host but The Price is Right is Bob Barker. Without him, the show should just fold and I think it will.

It's a sad day. I leave you with a video of the opening of the very first episode Bob Barker hosted back in 1972.

No comments: