Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Since the dawn of man...

It seems that since the dawn of man, some people have been using superstition (and eventually, religion) as a way of controlling the masses.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,13509-2482418.html

Behind the rock, which was covered in man-made indentations, was a chamber that the archaeologists believed was used by a shaman who could have spoken without being seen, giving the impression that it was the snake speaking.

“The shaman would have been able to control everything. It was perfect,” Sheila Coulson, from the University of Oslo, said.

It doesn't surprise me that primitive man was already so organized in their superstition. What surprises me is how a few people back then had the capacity to identify this and exploit it. I guess humans have been and will always be the same: power hungry and exploitative.

5 comments:

Vrej said...

I decided to switch to Blogger's comments. Bye bye, Haloscan. I must admit, it was hard to ditch Haloscan...I mean it has "Halo" right there in the name!

Masta said...

This new layout is the Enterprise E to my enterprise D....


...

I got nothin'.

Vrej said...

I know.

chicounet said...

Yeah nice layout, goes well with the sales for the nexgen consoles section. By the way, I think my previous post was deleted. Kinda wierd.

Vrej said...

Yeah it was, sorry. I changed comments systems so they all got cleaned out. If you want to repost what you said, go right ahead.