Friday, January 26, 2007

I fear for the coming generation

I know I have ranted about this before but the future is doomed. Kids nowadays are the worst type of boorish, uncivilized wastes of flesh and food. Have you ever been on a bus or the metro and some punk teens are talking about the stupidest possible thing and every second word is the f-word? And not even cleverly used but rather as a space filler in the sentence because their vocabulary is far too limited to think of a better word. And not only do they flaunt their own stupidity in this manner, they embarrass everyone around them. People casting sideways glances at each other, their eyes asking "can you believe this motherf***ing s**t?".

Case in point, I was at the gym yesterday and these two idiots, maybe 17 years old, walk into the locker room screeching like rhesus monkeys, literally. Then out of nowhere, they start cursing each other, calling each other the foulest things, for no particular reason. Then some song comes on the radio and after every line of the song, I kid you not, one of them would repeat the line, laugh and call the singer some strange combination of bad words that don't even make sense. Everyone in the room was looking at each other, just appalled (well, except for that guy everyone thinks is gay. He was looking around for prospects). I can't even repeat what they said because it was so outrageous that my mind could not absorb it to remember. Just think of any sentence you would say in the normal course of the day, add an f-word to the beginning, one at the end and then a few scattered in there as adjectives and adverbs, as they apply to your sentence. This is what these kids were.

All this to say, if more kids are like this, we are all doomed to cataclysmic failure. Perhaps we would all be better off is the Flying Spaghetti Monster just comes and wipes us all out. If Q came and put humanity on trial and used these kids as an example, I would concede defeat.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey those kids sound like Chris at the lab with his "friend" Ginny... Apparently he thinks its funny to swear non stop for minutes on end...

Vrej said...

Chris...! What would your mom say if she heard this? Tsk tsk.

Masta said...

Swearing is fun. Why do you like Bad Santa again? I believe your first review of that movie to me was something to the effect of, It has the most brilliant use of swearing ever! Brilliant swearing is brilliant. Stupid kids who can't speak, less brilliant. I do think Q should put us on trial.

Vrej said...

Didn't I even mention that in the post? These kids don't use inventive, clever swearing. They are using it because they are rock dumb.

Evil One said...

Who is the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Vrej said...

I'm not going to spoon feed you people everything. Check it out on Wikipedia.

Michael Choi said...

I ran into someone like this once on the bus, only it wasn't with the "F" word...he just kept saying "Guy" at the beginning and end of every sentence...and it got extremely annoying to the point where I was saying in my head "Guy, shut the "F" up".

Vrej said...

Sorry. I'll try to tone it down next time.

Anonymous said...

I love using the word guy. Today a guy in the lab said, "Chris, at least rinse the shit you left in the sink, Guy."