Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Too many people

There are too many people on this planet. I am reminded of this every time I see a commercial asking to donate money to feed starving people in far-flung lands. Hey, here's an idea: stop having 15 kids each!

The problem is that people having the most children are those who can least afford to. Does that make sense? If I'm unemployed (and I am), I'm not going to go buy a dozen cars. If you don't have the means, don't do it.

Which brings me to another point: children licenses. Having kids should be regulated! Any bozo can go and create more humans to place on this earth, whether they can take care of them or not. I could not put it better than Angelina Jolie, when she said,

"It should be hard to be a parent, period. I go through many things to adopt.

"I'm finger-printed, I'm checked, I go through home studies. I have to prove I'm a decent citizen; a good human being.

"That didn't happen to me when I gave birth, so it's interesting that there's no background check when you bring a child into your home in that way."

Now, for all the starving poor out there, it would be nice for them to be able to rely on meals. But their hunger will only propagate as long as the masses remain uneducated. Education is the key to stopping the litters of children people in famine-ridden countries have. We're at 6 billion and counting. It needs to be curbed sooner rather than later or the world will be ill-equipped to nourish everyone.

5 comments:

Evil One said...

How come you're so smart yet unemployed?

Vrej said...

The world isn't ready for my brand of intelligence yet. :p

I can't tell if that's a compliment or an insult...or both? Ha!

Masta said...

Don't buy a dozen cars... Mm... Makes sense.

Vrej said...

I will do as I please!

jonsol said...

too many people preaching practices