Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Bowling for plates

In my hectic schedule, I've found a moment to post something new upon this slowly fading blog. Like a Rickey Henderson, however, I will never quit! This blog will continue to live! (What's that? Rickey hung up his cleats? Aw eff...!)

Anyway, I was wondering at what point does a plate become a bowl. You know at some fancy restaurants, they serve a soup in what amounts to little more than a plate with a really wide rim. Is that a bowl or are they serving me soup in a dish? Is there a specific depth of the object's indentation that turns it into a bowl from a plate? Or does the moniker apply to what's being served? If I serve soup or eat cereal out of a hat, can I call that a bowl?

Bowls and plates...the eternal struggle for meaning continues, unabated...for now...

P.S.: Ooh ooh, what's more, do you "eat" soup or "drink" soup? Or simply "have" soup? Argh, language can be so baffling at times!

3 comments:

Masta said...

If you smoked crack out of a modified pen before writing this post would you still call that pen a bong?

chicounet said...

lol

Vrej said...

Wow, masta and chicounet laughing at me. I'm double teamed! Reminds me of that time with both your mommas.