Monday, October 20, 2008

Says who?

I like watching the Amazing Race. I haven't seen a full season in a while because I never know when it's on but I really enjoy seeing faraway lands and the fascinating local customs they have that are then trivialized and turned into games for dimwitted Americans to flub. There is one concern I do have, though.

The title.

The Amazing Race? Really? Who are they to tell me what kind of race this will be? I didn't sign up for this show just to have the producers editorialize in the title. Let me be the judge of the race's adequacy. From season to season, depending on the format and locations, some races are less amazing than others. Some seasons could be The Satisfactory Race, or The Excellent Race, or The Barely Tolerable Race, or if it's a particularly boring season, The Somnambulistic Race.

Hmmmm, I suppose the same logic could apply to this blog.

3 comments:

Masta said...

Somnabulistic? Seriously? Am I supposed to be impressed with your big fancy word?

Vrej said...

...Yes?

Evil One said...

I'm impressed.