Sunday, February 01, 2009

East Block Mario's?

Has anyone seen the new ad for East Side Mario's? Wow, if I were Italian, I'd maybe be offended...if I could stop laughing for a moment.

In case you haven't seen it, the voice over is done in a way that's supposed to sound like a typical Noo Yawk Italian accent. But it ends up anything but. It not only fails but fails spectacularly on a scale seldom seen.

The guy doing the accent sounds like he's from Eastern Europe, acting in a community theatre recreation of Goodfellas. It even took me a while to understand what the commercial was going for. It's that bad.

Honestly, they couldn't actually go get a New Yorker? Just go, pick up any New Yorker off the street, pay him a couple of bucks and boom, you have an authentic accent. Hell, I could do a better accent. How this guy passed the audition is beyond me.

No comments: