Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Years of research

After years of consuming candy bars, I think I am eminently qualifies to render judgment on which one is the best. Yes, there is an ebb and flow to my tastes, depending on the day. Sometimes I love a Wunderbar, other times a Coffee Crisp will do the trick. But there's one bar that will always hit the spot.

Crispy Crunch.

There's something about the crispiness of that centre portion interacting with the outside chocolate shell that just so satisfying. And most of all, it tastes fantastic. Sure, the peanut flakes might get stuck in your molars but that's an added bonus, a time-release flavour delivery system, if you will.

What's your favourite bar?

5 comments:

evil one said...

caramilk is my all time favourite. i love taking a piece, putting it on my tongue and then crush it by pressing my tongue to the roof of my mouth. following that, i enjoy spending 3 minutes swirling it around in my mouth to roll it up into a ball of chocolate flakes and caramel. then, i like to chew on it and swallow. repeat.

Vrej said...

That's some...vivid imagery.
Caramilk is excellent, though, I agree. I especially love the dark chocolate variety.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention Zero. I completely forgot to write about it, as it is one of my favourites, as well.

Masta said...

Caramilk is up there. I'm a big fan of twix too. I can't decide.

Anonymous said...

It has been far too long since I have visited your wonderfully delicious blog. It is as if you designed your rants to be a perfect intro to a badabam shot...such as...

If you didn't spend so much time talking about eating chocolate bars, you too would have a collection of delightful (fill in the blank and use your imagination)...and if you stopped eating chocolates, you could afford your own condo !!!!

Always my best wishes...
Justin's Dad

Jenny H. said...

I always switch between the worst or the worst (although I'm not 100% sure either qualifies as a "candy bar":

Top Choice: Cherry Blossoms
runner up: Reese peanut butter cups

but I'm really more of a candy kind of girl...give me bottle caps and gummy worms over chocolate any day...man I can't wait to get rid of these braces to truly enjoy them again!