Monday, June 08, 2009

Of all the things...

I've been going to the gym now for 5 years, about 3-4 times a week, and have noticed some gross habits of people. The grossest occurrence is usually gum-related, with people sticking their gum absolutely anywhere. I often wonder what goes through someone's mind when they stick gum in the elliptical machine's cupholder.

"Hmm, I'm chewing gum but I don't want it now. Should I walk the 10 steps to the garbage right over there or stick it in this cupholder in front of me, so that it'll stick to every subsequent user's water bottle?"

I think we all know the choice people like this make. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I suggest that these people should be shot for their crimes.

My point is, knowing full well what levels of nastiness the gym-going public may take to, the administration saw fit to put up this sign in the showers: Il est défendu de cracher dans les douches.

It's forbidden to spit in the showers. Really? Of all the unspeakable evil that may find its way in the showers (and trust me, there have been some notoriously horrific things that I've seen), they choose to remind people not to SPIT? Excuse me, management, but you're one letter off. Spitting is the least of our concerns.

No comments: