Friday, June 26, 2009

This washroom's not for yakkin'!

As talkative as I may be, there is one place that I consider to be a bastion of quiet. I refer, of course, to the public washroom.

No matter if you're my best friend, I always feel uncomfortable talking to someone in the washroom. I really find it weird that people will chit chat while there are things coming out of you. Gross.

It's not bad enough that people talk to each other in the washroom, but what is the etiquette for cell phone usage? I say it should be put away and not even looked at, for fear of contamination. I mean, this thing is going right near your mouth.

So imagine my horror when I was in the washroom earlier and someone is carrying a phone conversation sitting atop the toilet. This is obviously something I frown upon. Imagine the person on the other end! What happens when you finish your business but your conversation is still ongoing? Do you sit there over a pot of waste matter? Do you dare flush, giving away your position on the throne? It's gross and I won't have any of it. When I'm dictator of the world, I vow that...wait, what's that? I won't be? Oh.

Well then please remember to wash your hands.

1 comment:

Jenny H. said...

I agree with you 100%.

It sometimes passes if I'm at home and talking to my husband while he's at work, but that's pretty much the only exception.