Friday, March 12, 2010

The Long and Tall of It

Alright, tall people. I don't like you and you don't like me. At least I assume you don't. I can't be sure.

I have a natural distrust of people much taller than me. Who knows what secrets they're hiding atop their heads? Anyway, I was reminded why I dislike the tall at a recent concert where I had a nice place staked out on the floor. At least I thought it was a nice place. That's when these giant men showed up and camped right in front of me. They were like a foot taller than me and just planted themselves there. I was not pleased.

Look, tall people. You should have the presence of mind to know you're huge. Concerts should be like class photos in elementary. The tall people should be at the back and then each subsequent row going forward gets incrementally shorter until the shortest are sitting cross-legged at the front. At least I'll be able to watch the show properly. And depending on who shows up, I might be sitting right in front of the stage too.

3 comments:

Anthony said...

Look at it this way - their nostrils can't be used to stash contraband.

bigVgirl said...

you know what they say about short guys

Vrej said...

No, what?