Wednesday, May 05, 2010

I believe it's jogging or yogging, it might be a soft J

Now that the weather has improved, I've recently taken up jogging outside. On days when I don't go to the gym or play soccer, I take a nice run around the neighbourhood - and in doing so, I've unwittingly joined a cult.

Have you ever noticed how bus drivers will always wave at each other when they pass by each other? Well, the same goes for joggers, apparently. It's like I've joined the Priory of Sion and had no clue. What bizarre fraternity have I stumbled into?

It goes something like this: I'm jogging down the street when another jogger comes the opposite way. He'll look at me and nod knowingly. Unwilling to let it slide, I nod back pretending I'm in the loop. I suppose I am in the loop now. Either that or I've consented to many untoward things with strangers.

Also of note: the nodding courtesy does not extend to bicyclists. Maybe there's a war between joggers and bikers of which I'm not aware but I looked quite the fool nodding to a dude on a bike the other day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i will eat your babies